View Profile OmarShehata

15 Movie Reviews

Next year? No!

That was amazing. Very nice animation, but most important, really interesting plot. You need to make more...soon!

Dissapointing End

I must say, this movie is beyond incredible. And I'm sure this goes down to personal preference, but the ending killed it for me.

I was really into it, and I feel you did an amazing job portraying the character's emotions. But had it been an ending with say, a darker overtone, this would have been one of the best short movies I have ever seen, not just on Newgrounds, but on a wide-scale.

What a coincidence...

Someone had been animating the same joke with the same audio a few months back. He had an incomplete demo which he posted in the flash forum a few months back.

But it's really awesome to see that two people found the same audio and decided to animate it. Guess the other guy never finished it.

Kieran-s responds:

Oh really? I must look this up at once!
-Thanks

39 Game Reviews

This is a pretty fun and well polished game! Is the daily challenge procedurally generated?

amidos2006 responds:

Everything in the game including the levels are PCG'ed

I finished all the levels! That was thoroughly enjoyable. My favorite was the one the flower one. I like how it involved both figuring out how to go about it and getting the angles just right.

I noticed you compute the intersection before the beam finishes its path (so if I try to hit one and then the other really quickly so it can get to its target before it intersects) it will still change color even though the other beam isn't there yet. I was a bit dissapointed. I think making it so that you can't fire until the previous one has settled might make it look more visually consistent.

MSGhero responds:

You're right, I didn't even think of solving puzzles that way.

... you know if you want to get into Haxe, you could make that change yourself and PR it :P

This was a pretty fun mechanic! I think one small thing that would make it better is if the player was a different color than the enemies. The fact that the player teleports makes your eye jump to see where you end up, and if you teleport right next to an enemy it can be frustrating when you make a mistake because you thought you were the other sprite.

4 Audio Reviews

That was epic :D

JoePorter134 responds:

Thanks amigo :)

Awesome Song!

Nice and catchy!

Incredible!

I especially love the david hayter and psycho mantis one! I would like you to voice for my flash movie-in progress. I sent you a PM with the details.

10 Art Reviews

I think it took me a second to get why that poop was there!

I do quite like that art style.

JunoAllStudio responds:

Thanks so much!

I love the bright colors and the shine on the sea! Would definitely love to see this with more work on the trees. I think a minimalist style could work well but this feels more unfinished.

Nice colors! I like how it feels so bright and spacious. The "fuck" is all but too subtle!

Sirmi responds:

thank you so much! I completely forgot that the fuck was there, lol.

I absolutely love telling stories and it's more or less why I do everything I do, from making games, to teaching & writing.

Omar Shehata @OmarShehata