3Pants 3Pants

This was a pretty fun mechanic! I think one small thing that would make it better is if the player was a different color than the enemies. The fact that the player teleports makes your eye jump to see where you end up, and if you teleport right next to an enemy it can be frustrating when you make a mistake because you thought you were the other sprite.

Fat Fucks Fat Fucks

It's a really fun little game! I love the art style (also playing with a fat guy in a bunny suit running from a black dude is hilarious XD). I can see where you guys ran out of time (like how some buttons are just text), it was perhaps a little hard at first to discern the good things (burgers) from things that trip me over (I first thought the can was like a food item) but I got it quickly enough.

There's just one thing I don't agree with, you saying you won't do another competition again. Even though you ran out of time, you still got a game concept that you prototype, something you can later build upon, and worked with and got to know new people!

ProgressStudios responds:

Yea, I will probably I was just stressed at the time ahha :D

Caveman Prototype Caveman Prototype

This is actually a really good game!

The concept is pretty awesome, and you did exactly what game jams are supposed to do, prototype a game idea. I didn't get too far but it's pretty fun messing around with the enemies and stuff. There's definitely potential here to develop it further.

Slime's Cake Quest Slime's Cake Quest

Amazing game! Beautiful art, innovative mechanic that is well executed, and highly polished.

I really think this is a model game jam game. It prototypes a new mechanic and execution, and is polished well.

Great work! Don't think I have any gripes about this one.

MintPaw responds:

Thanks, good work with Condensity too, there's going to be some tough competition.

Zelda the Welder Zelda the Welder

I loved the humor and the dialogue! I felt that was really top notch. Everything seems incredibly polished. (And of course the music is AWESOME)

I feel like your only lacking area is intuitiveness.

The art is pretty awesome as well. I'm sure this has been said before but the initial reaction to the game is pretty confusing. At first I skipped the little speech bubble and said had absolutely no idea what to do. Something like that *needs* to remain on screen. There was also little feedback from the tools themselves. I thought I was supposed to click where the green light is with my saw, but I just kept clicking around until it randomly worked. Having it light up when you get near the right area would really help.

Also what was frustrating is the fact that the cursor is relatively large, and has sparks coming out, and that makes navigating on super thin lines really annoying. Perhaps at least making the starting stage a bit more lenient would help a lot more players get into the game faster.

I also felt that the time limit did more harm than good, at least in the first level. After 3 attempts at restarting the game and trying I still couldn't beat the level in time.

I'll give it another try but other than that, incredibly amazing work!

SpinBot SpinBot

I *love* the amount of polish and humor in this game! Props on that! Opening dialogue was pretty funny.

I found the game a bit confusing at first, because I forgot that "space" or "z" makes me spin. Placing an in-game sign about that would probably help. I wasn't really sure what the different coloured floating stuff meant and what exactly I was supposed to do. Although I think I got the hang of it.

Overall a pretty awesome game. My only two major suggestions are tighter controls for the spinny thing and perhaps some helpful in-game signs here and there.

Disembodiment Disembodiment

My first thoughts were: "what the hell is going on?"

Just one introductory screen would have probably been nice. Or even just throwing "kill this guy! Shoot with mouse" in the first room would have helped

The fighting system itself wasn't really as fun as it could be because it lacked feedback. The entire fun of fighting games comes from hitting/shooting and seeing the enemy get hit. I couldn't tell if I was even doing any damage. Just knocking the enemies back would have been awesome.

I also couldn't get far enough to see your mechanic in action.

I'll try giving it another shot if I can figure out how to actually kill enemies without most of my health getting eaten!

egg82 responds:

Haha, I 110% agree with some kind of instructions. I made a button to one, but we ran short on time. Yeah, it really was that bad xD

It definatly lacked feedback. Again, the time. I think the time is my only major complaint (but that's the point! :D) - if I had one last day to finish it I would have, at the very least, made some feedback.

The mechanic is present in two ways: One as sort-of an idea - that would be the puzzle at the end (which is supposed to be a brain - you're "re-calibrating" your brain in a sense) and the other in your weapon. I'm not sure that I should have made punching that powerful, because the weapon is supposed to fall into disrepair as you use it (that bar isn't ammo) - collecting gears repairs and upgrades it (minus the upgrades, here)

I like the ending, but it's damn near impossible to get there (probably for the best. Warning: Programmer art ahead)

Dropping Loads in a Cave Dropping Loads in a Cave

I liked how you allowed people to play with whatever button they liked.

I think your enemies are a bit non-intuitive though. When players see a smiling sun-like thing, they're inclined to grab it only to find out it's an enemy.

Some more things to collect/powerups would have been nice too.

I felt the game moved pretty slow though. With how the player was basically only pressing a button every 2-3 seconds. It just felt like a slow version of the helicopter game.

I did have fun though! So props on finishing a nice little game.

TharosTheDragon responds:

It's a sun! You don't fly into the sun!

Uddercover Uddercover

I like your use of stealth for the mechanic. It was a pretty fun game.

I got pretty frustrated when the guards seemed to stop following the ball and I couldn't see any other way to pass the level.

I'm not sure if you added any more mechanics beyond that but some stuff to keep things interesting would be nice too!

Overall awesome work!

super cartographer super cartographer

Just finished it!

Overall pretty awesome game. It starts a bit slow though. The first few levels were basically just hitting the keys until I finished a level. I felt like you should have introduced some challenges a tiny bit earlier on.

With that said, I *loved* the fact that there were multiple ways to complete a level. Really adds to the feeling of exploring forests/mazes. I also really like how my vision was limited until I explored more.

I'm guessing there was no time to add in a mini-map that got updated as you explored? That would have been amazing. I really think this game has a lot of potential with a few more mechanics and that mini-map, it would be a pretty intriguing puzzle/exploration game!

Also just to up the atmosphere up meeting some NPC's or finding lore around the game and collecting it would be pretty awesome as well.